Friday 30 May 2014

Most Common Brain Tumors

• Gliomas > Meningiomas > Astrocytomas are the most common type of primary brain tumor in adults. 

• "Meningiomas are diagnosed with increasing frequency as more people undergo neuroimaging studies for various indications. They are now the most common
 primary brain tumor, accounting for approximately 32% of the total."

• Pilocytic astrocytoma (PA; WHO grade 1) is the most common astrocytic tumor of childhood.

• In children, the most common situation is with cerebellar and optic-pathway pilocytic astrocytoma, whereas in adults, this tends to occur most commonly with hypothalamic pilocytic astrocytoma. 

• Tumors of the lining of the spinal cord and nerve roots predominate (50% to 80% of all spinal tumors); schwannomas and meningiomas are most common, followed by ependymomas.

• The most common brainstem tumor is the pontine glioma, which presents most frequently with cranial nerve VI and VII palsies.

• The CNS is the second most common site of malignancy in children behind leukemia, with the majority of tumors located infratentorially.

• Medulloblastomas are the most common posterior fossa tumors in children.

• Medulloblastomas are the most common malignant brain tumor of childhood

• Germinomas are the most common type, accounting for 33% to 50% of pineal tumors. The peak incidence of germ cell tumors is in the second decade, and few present after the third decade. Gliomas are the next most common pineal region tumor.

• Craniopharyngiomas are the most common nonglial brain tumors in children, occurring primarily in the late first and second decades, although they can present at any age.

Spinal Axis Tumours:

• Of the intradural neoplasms, extramedullary schwannomas and meningiomas are the most common. Schwannomas and meningiomas are normally intradural, but occasionally may present as extradural tumors.

• The most common intramedullary tumors are ependymoma and astrocytoma.

• Briefly:
Most Common Spinal Tumor - Metastasis. 
MC Primary Spinal Tumor - Nerve sheath tumor. 
MC Intramedullary tumor - Ependymoma 
MC site of spinal tumors - Extradural 
MC site of primary spinal tumors - Intradural Extramedullary.

2 comments:

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read my testimony.
    For those people who are lupus sufferers and maybe reading this, I find it hard that people are still ignorant when it comes to LUPUS and have no idea what the illness is all about and still flippant about it even in the medical world.
    After my daughter collapsed at home she was seen by one of the Consultants in the Lupus Unit who performed more tests and confirmed that she was negative with the Anti-RO antibodies. when I was told this, as I was slowly thinking I was losing my marbles and this was all in my head.
    The Doctor prescribed a course of treatment but said that it would take about 8-9 months for the drugs to start working. I felt relieved to think that there was light at the end of the tunnel but still quite daunted by her having to cope with feeling the way. After 2months of taking the medication the symptoms seemed to get worse, She had fevers, cold sweats, chest pains, constantly nauseous and she was finding it difficult to breathe. Her Doctor thought that the difficulty breathing may have been caused by one of the anti-inflammatory drugs and stopped them straight away.

    But Everything started to get easier from the point we came across Dr Itua Herbal Medicine through (www.drituaherbalcenter.com). When I first contacted Dr Itua Herbal Center through his email : drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. He told us that the drugs they'd used had aggravated the Lupus and caused it to flare more badly. The miraculous new treatment (Herbal Medicine) was for her to start the medicine sooner which was my thoughts, which of course was helpful.
    His medicine is very effective, she experienced no symptoms for the past 3year. If you/your relatives have the same problem, do not expose yourself to more danger, use a herbal remedy that is safe and effective. Contact Dr Itua directly for any type of disease.

    ReplyDelete